17 July 2011- Moved into new home. My room is quite small with no window but the best thing is that I've got all the privacy I want-cause it's a single room. The rental fee is RM370 and I thought it's reasonable since it's so darn near to college( I can just wake up 5 minutes before class and could still get there on time) and almost anything is within reach (foods, groceries, you name it). It's rather convenient in sense of transportation too, say if I want to get to the jetty, I can get free shuttle.

see the number 52,10 and 33? yes, I stay at Jalan Zainal Abidin and those dots are all famous food stalls^^
I don't like the owner of the hostel though. She stays on the same floor as mine. Her name is Auntie Irene. She's such a nag. She lectures about anything from laundry to toilet etiquette etc. And most of the time, she speaks in Hokkien.@.@
23 July 2011- Class commenced. I was quite disappointed that there was no orientation for us. I was clueless most times. I barely know anyone there and how things work etc. Anyway, it was pretty exciting experience knowing the fact that I'm finally stepping into college and it's totally a whole new journey to begin. I too realised that it's pretty rare for Ipoh-ians to choose to study in Penang and so, when the people learnt about my hometown, they will try to talk to me in Cantonese and definitely, it was amusing. I've met many new people-all sorts of people-nerds, noisy, loud, shy, outgoing, serious, childish, brilliant, brats etc...
23 July 2011- Class commenced. I was quite disappointed that there was no orientation for us. I was clueless most times. I barely know anyone there and how things work etc. Anyway, it was pretty exciting experience knowing the fact that I'm finally stepping into college and it's totally a whole new journey to begin. I too realised that it's pretty rare for Ipoh-ians to choose to study in Penang and so, when the people learnt about my hometown, they will try to talk to me in Cantonese and definitely, it was amusing. I've met many new people-all sorts of people-nerds, noisy, loud, shy, outgoing, serious, childish, brilliant, brats etc...
and these are the first fews that I befriended
this was taken after first round of internal moot. It was the first time getting myself involved in debate-like activity and surprisingly, I got Best Mooter. I guess it was luck. The judges I got were very nice to me and perhaps mainly due to my skillfulness at fake-ing confidence. LOL
There were many 'first time'(s) eversince I came to Penang. First time traveling on town bus. First time playing tour guide for foreign tourists.( I was heading jetty and there was this SriLankan family wanting to just look around basically anywhere so I brought them along with me to jetty.) First time playing with turtles. And just recently, first time celebrating birthday with ATC friends. 21st birthday some more. I actually wished I could spend time with family instead but I've got classes on the day. Memang potong steam. But I was enlightened as I was welcomed with my very first Chatime milk tea treated by a friend upon reaching college. Even the lecturers wished me too. That's so sweet of them. Thanks to a particular friend of mine too, for having planned a special birthday celebration for me. Her name is Alicia. She seemed more excited than I am on my 21st. LOL. We first went for steamboat. Earlier, everyone said too busy to attend and I really thought only left with 3 of us having dinner together but when I reached the restaurant, there were already 14 people waiting for me! LOL and the dinner was fun especially when you have a bunch of crazy friends. Everyone was talking out loud and laughing and playing with cameras, posing gay-ishly etc. LOL
There were many 'first time'(s) eversince I came to Penang. First time traveling on town bus. First time playing tour guide for foreign tourists.( I was heading jetty and there was this SriLankan family wanting to just look around basically anywhere so I brought them along with me to jetty.) First time playing with turtles. And just recently, first time celebrating birthday with ATC friends. 21st birthday some more. I actually wished I could spend time with family instead but I've got classes on the day. Memang potong steam. But I was enlightened as I was welcomed with my very first Chatime milk tea treated by a friend upon reaching college. Even the lecturers wished me too. That's so sweet of them. Thanks to a particular friend of mine too, for having planned a special birthday celebration for me. Her name is Alicia. She seemed more excited than I am on my 21st. LOL. We first went for steamboat. Earlier, everyone said too busy to attend and I really thought only left with 3 of us having dinner together but when I reached the restaurant, there were already 14 people waiting for me! LOL and the dinner was fun especially when you have a bunch of crazy friends. Everyone was talking out loud and laughing and playing with cameras, posing gay-ishly etc. LOL

me and alicia
first time been to straits quay for a drink + first time having beer, on my 21st itself. LOL. have yet been to a pub though. ^^

first time watching 3D movie too, with 2 lovely hostel mates.we spend most time together.^^
I miss 2011. Seriously hope that 2012 would be as great. Nothing more and hope to see everyone again in 2013. I promise to be a better person to everyone I know. That's my new year resolution and of course,to score well in exams. I just can't afford to fail.



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.