Yeesan's
this site the web

159.An eye opener.Great experience though.

Yesterday was my first day to work as a kindergarten teacher assistant at MMSB.

I was assigned to take care of the 4-year-olds(2011) alongside with Pn.Azizah who is the class teacher. There are only 10 kids for the time being.Pn.Azizah said there will be 20+ when school starts and their parents might watch us in the classroom throughout the day for a few weeks. Seriously,I hate that-the pressure they put on us.

Anyway, things aren't that bad (so far)as told during interview.

What shocked me was the boys and girls actually have bath time and they bathed together in an open bathroom. And I have to help undress them and towel dry them.

There is also this girl who cries a lot! She cant be left alone or she'll cry.A loud one.

Anyway, the kids are real adorable!!!! ( How I wish I could just snap some pics and post them up)They are just so naive. So many things yet to be learnt. Some still cant hold a pencil correctly. Some can barely speak and they crave for attention. Believe me, their pronunciations are indeed amusing.LOL.

I think I will love this job if the parents aren't that demanding.Puan Azizah said the parents of the kids at MMSB love to complain a lot.(which is not nice)

So basically, Pn.Azizah will do the teaching and I help to take care of them-the one watching over the kids during lessons.

An awkward moment was when Puan Azizah asked if I am from Malaysia because of my slang which sounds a bit different. That's rather a weird question.

Most teachers there are married with children and very LOUD. They told me that I have to be stern with the kids sometimes so that they listen, respect as teacher and do not let them treat me as sister or friend.But honestly, I prefer softer means to discipline the kids.

Well, today was just my second day. Things might get better or worse in time to come. But,I am quite proud of myself when I was told that some previous new teachers actually stopped after the first day. Heeez.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.